These Rapid Fire Instructions is an outdated version. If you purchased your controller after 1/14/2019 or want to get familiar with the latest software update please visit this page.
- How do I sync PS4 modded controller to my console?
- What is Rapid Fire Mod?
- How Do I Operate Rapid Fire Mod?
- What Games Is Rapid Fire Feature Compatible With?
- What Is Programming Mode?
- How do I program in my very own custom Rapid Fire speed?
How Do I sync PS4 Modded Controller to My Console?
You will need to sync your new PS4 modded controller to your PS4 console for a very first time of use the controller. Unplug the power cord from the original PS4 controller that came with your PS4 console and plug it into your modded PS4 controller. Your PS4 mod will sync to the console automatically.
What is Rapid Fire Mod?
Rapid Fire mod turns virtually any semi-automatic and single shotgun into a fully automatic one. Basically, Rapid Fire pulls the fire trigger quickly for you. When you pull and hold the trigger, the mod takes over and presses the trigger quickly over and over again, until you release the fire button.
Rapid fire is referred to in "shots per second", meaning how many bullets you can shoot per second. Many different factors can affect the performance of your Rapid Fire controller, including the quality of your internet connection, and whether or not you are the current host of the match.
How Do I Operate Rapid Fire Mod?
- Hold down mod switch on the back.
- Tap R2 button (in default button layout). The LED1 indicator will glow RED. Then equip your soldier with any semi-automatic gun. Once your soldier is equipped, press and hold your fire weapon button (R2 in default button layout). The modchip will take over and continue pressing and releasing your weapon button on your behalf. Your semi-automatic gun will now unload the entire clip on the single press of the fire-weapon button.
To scroll to the next mode:
- Make sure Rapid Fire Mod is ON in order to change to the next modes.
- Hold down mod switch on the back
- Hold down R2 button (in default button layout)
Continue holding until you see the LED 1 blink RED and count the number of blinks. Let’s say you want to go to Mode 5 - then you should release the buttons just before the mod is done blinking 5 times. The mod will save your selection even after you power off your controller. The controller can remember up to 10 different rapid fire speeds/modes. However, you can customize these speeds to your exact liking (refer to “What Is Programming Mod?” below).
The ten default modes are as follows:
- Mode 1 – 6.5 shots per second
- Mode 2 – 7.0 shots per second
- Mode 3 – 7.5 shots per second
- Mode 4 – 8.0 shots per second
- Mode 5 – 8.5 shots per second
- Mode 6 – 9.0 shots per second
- Mode 7 – 9.5 shots per second
- Mode 8 – 10.0 shots per second
- Mode 9 – 10.5 shots per second
- Mode 10 – 11.0 shots per second
NOTE : For all INFINITE WARFARE and BLACK OPS 3 users we recommend using Mode 10 as it provides the fastest SPS for all compatible weapons. You can use other sub-modes as well
To turn Rapid Fire OFF:
- Hold down mod switch on the back.
- Tap D-pad down button. The First LED will turn OFF. Rapid Fire is OFF.
What Games Is Rapid Fire Feature Compatible With?
Rapid Fire controller is compatible with Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Destiny, Titanfall and many other First Person Shooter games.
What Is Programming Mode?
Don't like the pre-tuned speed we've provided? Create-your-own!
Reprogram your Rapid Fire mod to any speed from 5 shots-per-second up to 99 shots-per-second. Rapid Fire speed is programmed by individually setting the tens digit, the ones digit, and the decimal digit. For example, if the speed is 16.2 shots per second. "1" is the tens digit, "6" is the ones digit, and "2" is the decimal digit. Any time an LED flashes very quickly, this means one of your numbers is set to "0". Otherwise, it will slowly blink the number.
It's also important to know that the software developers for each video game may have set a universal speed cap. The cap is different for every game. If you try to dial in your Rapid Fire speed above this cap, your gun will actually shoot slower, or not shoot at all.
How do I program in my very own custom Rapid Fire speed?
NOTE : For all INFINITE WARFARE and BLACK OPS 3 users – game offers 12 shots per second as max speed. You can’t go above it as speed cap has been pre-set by game manufacturer
- Turn Rapid Fire on and scroll to the mode you would like to edit
- Hold the mod switch on the back and then tap the PS-Home button. All four LEDs will light up in WHITE to let you know that it’s waiting for further input.
- Tap R2 (in default button layout). All four LEDs will blink in RED to let you know we’re going to start programming the rapid fire speed.
- Let’s say your speed started at 6.5 shots per second. The mod will blink the “tens” digit on LED1. In this case, the tens digit is 0 (since you’re at 6.5 shots, there’s no digit in the tens place). The mod will do a very quick flash to indicate a “0”.
- Tap the L2 Button to decrease the tens digit, or tap the R2 Button to increase the tens digit. The mod will blink in RED on LED1 to let you know what the current number is. When you’re happy with the number →
- Tap the mod switch to move to the next number. Now we’re at the “ones” digit and they will blink on LED2. Follow the procedure from above.
- Tap the L2 Button to decrease the ones digit, and tap the R2 Button to increase the ones digit.
- Tap the mod switch to save that digit and move to the decimal place. Lastly, we’re at the decimal place. Digits will blink on LED3. Follow the procedure from above one last time;
- Tap the L2 Button to decrease the decimal, and tap the R2 Button to increase the decimal.
- Tap the mod switch to save your selection. The mod will blink all LEDs in RED three more times to let you know that your new speed was saved.
The controller will always remember the last programming speed you have before powering down.