Mega Modz Dual Trigger RF Mod For PS5/PS4
You’re about to read the latest and up to date PS4 Pro Modded Controller instructions. If you’ve purchased your controller before 1/14/2019 then visit the archived page as you may not happen to have the updated version.
This article contains the following sections:
- At Glance
- Turning the Mod ON & OFF
- Checking Current Sub-Mode
- Changing Sub-Modes
- Setting Up Custom Values
- Compatible Games
Dual Trigger has been specially designed for secondary weapons in Call of Duty games such as three round burst pistols (RK5 in Black Ops 3) and semi-auto pistols (MR6 Garrison in BO3).
When using dual wielding semi-auto handguns (one gun in each hand), you will be able to get Rapid Fire on both guns by pulling both L2 and R2 buttons. Your opponents won’t stand a chance in a fight with you at a close range, as you’ll not only have the power of two handguns but also Rapid Fire function will kick in as soon as the mod is activated. It is highly recommended using Dual Trigger on small maps where close encounters happen often.
Since the mod puts Rapid Fire on both triggers, you won’t be able to use single rifles in your Primary Class, as the L2 button won’t allow you to aim down sight and will make your gun shaking. Mega Modz Modding Technology has a solution for that. It’s called “Tactical” Dual Trigger Rapid Fire. When Semi-auto Dual Wield pistols are not used, the mod can be temporarily disabled by double tapping on the Triangle button (switching weapon button). Purple blinking LED on the top left position will indicate that the function is in “Awaiting Mode”, otherwise it will stay solid.
Turning the Mod ON & OFF
To turn the Mod ON
- Hold the mod switch and then tap your ADS button (L2 in default).
The LED 1 indicator (top left) will flash and stay lit in PURPLE.
- Then equip your soldier with any semi-automatic dual wield handguns. Once your soldier is equipped, press and hold both L2 and R2 buttons. The modchip will take over and continue pressing and releasing buttons on your behalf. Your semi-automatic guns will now unload the entire clips on a single press of each fire-button.
Want to learn more how LED MOD Indicator works? Click here
To turn the Mod OFF
- Hold down the mod switch on the back.
- Tap D-pad down button.
First LED will turn OFF. Rapid Fire is OFF.
Checking Current Sub-Mode
Dual Trigger Rapid Fire offers 3 sub-modes. You can always check what sub-mode you have currently active by following these steps:
- Make sure Dual Trigger Mod is ON
- Hold down the mod button on the back
- Hold down the Left Trigger for 3 seconds
The LED indicator will flash all 4 slots in WHITE indicating that the modchip entered the sub-mode checking menu. It will then show the number of a sub-mode you have active:
- 1ST Sub-mode - 1 Red LED, the top left LED slot is taken
- 2ST Sub-mode - 2 Red LEDs, top left and right slots are taken
- 3RD Sub-mode - 3 Red LEDs, top left, top right, and bottom left slots are taken
Upon checking the sub-mode, the modchip will automatically take you to the place you were before in 3 seconds. You are welcome to expedite the process by pressing the mod button on the back and exiting the sub-mode menu.
Want to learn more about the Sub-Modes Indication? Click here
To change Dual Trigger sub-modes, you will have to go thru sub-mode checking menu first (see above):
- Hold down the mod button on the back.
- Hold down the L2 button for 3 seconds.
The LED indicator will flash all 4 slots in WHITE showing that the modchip entered the sub-mode menu. It will then show the number of a sub-mode you have active currently.
- Use the R2 button to increase the number of a sub-mode or use the L2 button to go down on a sub-mode.
- To save the setting, you will have to press the Mod Button.
NOTE: Keep in mind, there is a “3-second rule” that applies every time you check or change sub-modes. If you’ve been inactive for more then 3 seconds, the modchip will exit checking/changing sub-mode menu automatically.
TIP: There is “Quick Sub-Mode Scroll” option available on every Mega Modz Controller allowing you to get to the desired sub-mod quickly and avoid waiting for the modchip to go through the sequence of sub-modes.
Quickly tapping the R2 button a number of times increase the sub-mode number by the number of times the R2 button was tapped, getting you to the desired sub-mode instantly.
Quickly tapping the L2 button a number of times decrease the sub-mode number by the number of times the L2 button was tapped, getting you to the desired sub-mode rapidly.
Example: You have sub-mode number 1 active, tapping the R2 button 2 times quickly will take you to the sub-mode #3.
There are 3 sub-modes available:
|1||11 SPS||Standard Dual trigger Mod|
|2||11 SPS||Tactical (Double Tap On Triangle Turns Dual Trigger ON & OFF)|
|3||11 SPS||Tactical (Double Tap On Triangle) When Dual Trigger is OFF, Single Rapid Fire turns ON|
NOTE: * SPS - Shots Per Second numbers are nominal and are used for identification purposes only.
TIP: Use mode 1 if you solely play with dual wield pistols and don’t care about using single rifles in a game round. Sub-mode number 1 is a standard Dual Trigger Mod. It can not be temporary disabled. Speeds can be adjusted via a programming mode in each sub-mode (more info below). It is not recommended to go any higher than 20 shots per second as many games have a speed cup set around that number. Going over the speed cup will make your semi-auto guns shot slower or will completely shut it off. In COD games the speed cup is pretty low and it sits at around 12-15 SPS. Keep in mind that Rapid Fire performance can be affected by a number of factors including the quality of your Internet connection and your role in the match (whether or not you are the current host of the match). Using a charging cable will also make a noticeable difference in response time.
TIP: Use mode 2 if your soldier is carrying fully auto-rifles in Primary Class as it will allow you to quickly toggle Dual Trigger ON and OFF by double tapping on the Triangle button (switching-weapon button). Please note that you must double-tap the Triangle button within 500 ms in order for the function to kick in. If you tapped the button and your character switched the weapon, then you were outside 500 ms window. When Dual Trigger is disabled by double tapping, the modchip will enter “Awaiting Mode”, and the top left purple LED will start blinking slowly, indicating that Dual Trigger has been temporarily turned OFF. You can now use your single rifle as usual.
TIP: Use mode 3 if your soldier is carrying a semi-auto rifle in Primary Class as it will allow you to have single Rapid Fire turned ON once Dual Trigger Rapid Fire gets disabled by double tapping on the Triangle button. Please note that you must double-tap the Triangle button within 500 ms in order for the function to kick in. If you tapped the button and your character switched the weapon, then you were outside 500 ms window. When Dual Trigger is disabled by double tapping, the modchip will enter “Converting Mode”, and the top left purple LED will start blinking slowly, indicating that Dual Trigger has been temporarily turned OFF, while single Rapid Fire has been turned ON. Double tap on the Triangle button again if you want to have Dual Trigger active.
IMPORTANT: Please note that turning special modes ON & OFF (2 - 4 Player LEDs) won’t affect the state of an awaiting mode, purple LED will continue blinking, indicating that Dual Trigger is temporarily disabled. However, if you enter a programming mode or a sub-mode checking menu, Dual Trigger will be set back to default (solid purple LED light ) upon finishing the routine.
NOTIFICATIONS: Mega Modz modchip technology notifies you when mods get turned ON and OFF. The modchip will send a signal to rumble motors anytime you activate or deactivate mods. The feature will allow you to focus on gameplay and keep your eyes on the screen without looking at the LED Indicator.
When in Tactical sub-modes (2 and 3), double tapping on the Triangle button will also cause rumble motors to spin letting you know when Dual Trigger gets temporarily turned off (short 500ms spin) or turns back ON (long 1-second spin)
Want to learn more about Mega Modz Haptic Technology? Click Here
Setting Up Custom Values
Don't like the pre-tuned speed we've provided? Create-your-own!
Reprogram your Dual Trigger Rapid Fire mod to any speed from 5 shots-per-second up to 99 shots-per-second.
Dual trigger Rapid Fire speed is programmed by individually setting the tens digit, the ones digit, and the decimal digit.
For example, if the speed is 16.2 shots per second, then "1" is the tens digit, "6" is the ones digit, and "2" is the decimal digit.
If you haven’t done so already, we strongly recommend learning how custom speeds indication works here before entering a “Programming Mode”.
- Turn ON Dual Trigger Rapid Fire and scroll to the mode you would like to edit.
- Hold the mod switch on the back and then tap the PS4 Home. All four LEDs will light up in WHITE to let you know that it’s waiting for further input.
- Tap the L2 button and the modchip will take to the tens digits slot. Let’s say your speed started at 5 shots per second. The mod will light up the “tens” digit on all 4 LEDs In this case, the tens digit is 0 (since you’re at 5 shots, there’s no digit in the tens place). The mod will glow all 4 LEDs in yellow to indicate a “0”.
- Tap the R2 button to increase the tens digit or tap the L2 button to decrease the tens digit. The mod will blink LEDs to let you know what the current number is. When you’re happy with the number →
- Tap the mod switch to move to the next number. Now we’re at the “ones” digit and you can adjust the numbers here. Follow the procedure from above.
- Tap the L2 button to decrease the ones digit, and tap the R2 button to increase the ones digit.
- Tap the mod switch to save that digit and move to the decimal place.
- Lastly, we’re at the decimal place. Follow the procedure from above to change the numbers (if needed) one last time.
- Tap the L2 button to decrease the decimal, and tap the R2 button to increase the decimal.
- Tap the mod switch to save your selection. The mod will blink all 4 LEDs in red 3 times very quickly and exit the programming menu saving the last settings.
NOTE: The controller will always remember the last programming speed you have before powering down.
There is an “8-second rule” that applies every time you enter “Programming Mode”. If you’ve been inactive for more then 8 seconds, the modchip will exit programming menu automatically.
TIP: There is “Quick Speed Scroll” option available on every Mega Modz Controller allowing you to get to the desired speed quickly and avoid waiting for the modchip to go through the sequence of speeds.
Quickly tapping the R2 button a number of times increase the speed number by the number of times the R2 button was tapped, getting you to the desired speed rapidly.
Quickly tapping the L2 button a number of times decrease the speed number by the number of times the L2 button was tapped, getting you to the desired speed instantly.
Example: You have speed number 1 active, tapping the R2 button 2 times quickly will take you to the speed 3. Tapping on the R2 button 5 times quickly will take you to the speed 6.
If you would like to only check custom numbers in a certain sub-mode, then, after entering a programming mode and pressing the L2 button, you can see the numbers in the slots without changing them by pressing the mod button and skipping the adjustment part.
It will look like this:
1. Scroll to the Dual Trigger sub-mode you would like to check
2. Enter a programming Mode
3. Tap the L2 button to get into Dual Trigger custom speeds
4. First digit slot you’ll see is the tens. See the number and press the mod button
5. Second digit slot is the ones. See the numbers and press the mod button.
6. Third digit slot is the decimals. See the numbers and press the mod button to exit the programming menu.
Dual Trigger Mod works on every single COD title. It is not known whether it works on any other game.
Having issues operating your Dual Trigger Mod? Visit our Help Desk for troubleshooting.