Mega Modz Akimbo Mod For Xbox Series X/One
You’re about to read the latest and up to date Xbox One S Modded Controller instructions. If you’ve purchased your controller before 4/19/2019 then visit the archived page as you may not happen to have the updated version.
This article contains the following sections:
- At Glance
- Turning the Mod ON & OFF
- Checking Current Sub-Mode
- Changing Sub-Modes
- Setting Up Custom Values
- Compatible Games
Akimbo mod makes semi-auto dual-wielded handguns highly effective as it gives the user an ability to fire both pistols at the same time with a press of just one button (the Right Trigger). It can also make it easier to fire dual-wielding fully-automatic weapons.
Normally, with both pistols in your soldier’s hands, you have to pull both Right Trigger and Left Trigger to fire both pistols, which is not always convenient. With enabled Akimbo mod, you can rapid fire both pistols at the same time just by holding down the Right Trigger. Akimbo eliminates the need to press both buttons and it adds the power of Rapid Fire to your handguns. The mod is deadly at close range.
Turning the Mod ON & OFF
To turn the Mod ON
- Hold down the mod switch and then tap Left on the D-pad.
The LED 1 indicator (top left) will flash and stay lit in Blue.
- Then equip your soldier with dual-wielded pistols. Once your soldier is equipped, press and hold the Right Trigger. The modchip will take over and unload the clips on both pistols.
Want to learn more how LED MOD Indicator works? Click here
To turn the Mod OFF
- Hold down the mod switch on the back.
- Tap D-pad down button.
First LED will turn OFF. Rapid Fire is OFF.
Checking Current Sub-Mode
Akimbo offers 4 sub-modes. You can always check what sub-mode you have currently active by following these steps:
- Make sure Akimbo Mod is ON.
- Hold down the mod button on the back.
- Hold down Left on the D-pad for 3 seconds.
The LED indicator will flash all 4 slots in WHITE indicating that the modchip entered the sub-mode checking menu. It will then show the number of a sub-mode you have active:
- 1ST Sub-mode - 1 Red LED, the top left LED slot is taken
- 2ST Sub-mode - 2 Red LEDs, top left and right slots are taken
- 3RD Sub-mode - 3 Red LEDs, top left, top right, and bottom left slots are taken
- 4TH Sub-mode - 4 Red LEDs
Upon checking the sub-mode, the modchip will automatically take you to the place you were before in 3 seconds. You are welcome to expedite the process by pressing the mod button on the back and exiting the sub-mode menu.
Want to learn more about the Sub-Modes Indication? Click here
To change Akimbo sub-modes, you will have to go thru sub-mode checking menu first (see above):
- Hold down the mod button on the back.
- Hold down Left on the D-pad for 3 seconds.
The LED indicator will flash all 4 slots in WHITE showing that the modchip entered the sub-mode menu. It will then show the number of a sub-mode you have active currently.
- Use the Right Trigger to increase the number of a sub-mode or use the Left Trigger to go down on a sub-mode.
- To save the setting, you will have to press the Mod Button.
NOTE: Keep in mind, there is a “3-second rule” that applies every time you check or change sub-modes. If you’ve been inactive for more then 3 seconds, the modchip will exit checking/changing sub-mode menu automatically.
TIP: There is a “Quick Sub-Mode Scroll” option available on every Mega Modz Controller allowing you to get to the desired sub-mod quickly and avoid waiting for the modchip to go through the sequence of sub-modes.
Quickly tapping the Right Trigger will increase the sub-mode number by the number of times the Right Trigger was tapped, getting you to the desired sub-mode instantly.
Quickly tapping the Left Trigger will decrease the sub-mode number by the number of times the Left Trigger was tapped, getting you to the desired sub-mode rapidly. Example: You have sub-mode number 1 active, tapping the Right Trigger 2 times quickly will take you to the sub-mode #3.
There are 4 sub-modes available:
|1||9.5 SPS||When you scope in your primary rifle, Rapid Fire stays turned on, Akimbo is OFF|
|2||9.5 SPS||When you scope in your primary rifle, Rapid Fire turns off. Akimbo is OFF|
|3||9.5 SPS||Akimbo mode stays turned on always.|
|4||9.5 SPS||Mimic mode. Pull the Right Trigger, modchip automatically presses the Left Trigger|
NOTE: * SPS - Shots Per Second numbers are nominal and are used for identification purposes only. Each Akimbo sub-mode can be further customized with custom SPS via a “programming mode”
TIP: In the first sub-mode the user either has Akimbo mod or Rapid Fire activated, therefore, the mode is good when the soldier is carrying semi-auto or single shot weapons in Primary slot and dual wield semi-auto or single shot handguns in Secondary weapon slot. Aiming down sight will cancel Akimbo and activate Rapid Fire mod. Use your Akimbo guns at close range and your primary rifles at long range.
TIP: If you have fully-auto rifles in your Primary weapon slot and dual wield semi-auto or single shot handguns in Secondary then use sub-mode #2, as it will turn Akimbo mod OFF as soon as the Left Trigger is being pressed for aiming. Use your Akimbo guns at close range and your primary rifles at long range.
TIP: Use mode 4 (Mimic Mode) if you play with fully-auto single rifles and dual wield fully-auto machine pistols. Anytime you pull the fire-weapon button (Right Trigger), the modchip automatically presses the scope button (Left Trigger). While using fully-auto dual wield pistols you can shoot them both by pressing the Right Trigger only. While using single fully-auto guns pressing on the Right Trigger will make your primary weapon scope IN and shoot automatically.
Setting Up Custom Values
Don't like the pre-tuned speed we've provided? Create-your-own!
Reprogram your Akimbo mod to any speed from 5 shots-per-second up to 99 shots-per-second. Akimbo speed is programmed by individually setting the tens digit, the ones digit, and the decimal digit.
For example, if the speed is 16.2 shots per second, then "1" is the tens digit, "6" is the ones digit, and "2" is the decimal digit.
If you haven’t done so already, we strongly recommend learning how custom speeds indication works here before entering a “Programming Mode”.
- Turn ON Akimbo and scroll to the mode you would like to edit.
- Hold the mod switch on the back and then tap the Sync (Connect) button. All four LEDs will light up in WHITE to let you know that it’s waiting for further input.
- Tap Left on the D-pad and the modchip will take to the tens digits slot. Let’s say your speed started at 9.5 shots per second. The mod will light up the “tens” digit on all 4 LEDs In this case, the tens digit is 0 (since you’re at 9.5 shots, there’s no digit in the tens place). The mod will glow all 4 LEDs in yellow to indicate a “0”.
- Tap the Right Trigger to increase the tens digit or tap the Left Trigger to decrease the tens digit. The mod will blink LEDs to let you know what the current number is. When you’re happy with the number →
- Tap the mod switch to move to the next number. Now we’re at the “ones” digit and you can adjust the numbers here. Follow the procedure from above.
- Tap the Left Trigger to decrease the ones digit, and tap the Right Trigger to increase the ones digit.
- Tap the mod switch to save that digit and move to the decimal place.
- Lastly, we’re at the decimal place. Follow the procedure from above to change the numbers (if needed) one last time.
- Tap the Left Trigger to decrease the decimal, and tap the Right Trigger to increase the decimal.
- Tap the mod switch to save your selection. The mod will blink all 4 LEDs in red 3 times very quickly and exit the programming menu saving the last settings.
NOTE: The controller will always remember the last programming speed you have before powering down.
There is an “8-second rule” that applies every time you enter “Programming Mode”. If you’ve been inactive for more then 8 seconds, the modchip will exit programming menu automatically.
TIP: There is a “Quick Speed Scroll” option available on every Mega Modz Controller allowing you to get to the desired speed quickly and avoid waiting for the modchip to go through the sequence of speeds.
Quickly tapping the Right Trigger a number of times increase the speed number by the number of times the Right Trigger was tapped, getting you to the desired speed rapidly.
Quickly tapping the Left Trigger a number of times decrease the speed number by the number of times the Left Trigger was tapped, getting you to the desired speed instantly.
Example: You have speed number 1 active, tapping the Right Trigger 2 times quickly will take you to the speed 3. Tapping on the Right Trigger 5 times quickly will take you to the speed 6.
If you would like to only check custom numbers in a certain sub-mode, then, after entering a programming mode and pressing Left on the D-pad, you can see the numbers in the slots without changing them by pressing the mod button and skipping the adjustment part.
It will look like this:
1. Scroll to the sub-mode you would like to check.
2. Enter a programming Mode.
3. Tap Left on the D-pad to get into Akimbo custom speeds.
4. First digit slot you’ll see is the tens. See the number and press the mod button.
5. Second digit slot is the ones. See the numbers and press the mod button.
6. Third digit slot is the decimals. See the numbers and press the mod button to exit the programming menu.
Akimbo Mod is compatible with Call Of Duty Games exclusively.
Having issues operating your Akimbo Mod? Visit our Help Desk for troubleshooting.
Latest Forum Updates
Armor Repair AssistExclusive
DropShot + JumpShotAdvanced
JitterDiscontinued Not Available On Series X
Turbo MeleeDiscontinued Not Available On Series X