What is Rapid Fire Mod?
Rapid Fire controller is designed to make semi-auto or "single fire" guns shoot fully automatic ones. It is also used for “single fire” or semi-auto guns as Rapid Fire Feature is faster and more accurate than normal firing. While Rapid Fire will not usually make a full-auto gun shoot any faster, it can have positive side effects on full-auto guns - such as eliminating recoil (especially in Rainbow 6 FPS games!), or help players conserve ammo on full-auto guns to achieve more headshots.
How Do I Operate Rapid Fire Mod?
First, you must turn Rapid Fire ON.
To turn ON the Mod:
- Hold the mod switch and then tap your fire weapon button (Right Trigger in Default Button Layout).
- Player LED 2 indicator will illuminate.
- Then, equip your soldier with any semi-automatic gun.
- Once your soldier is equipped, press and hold your fire weapon button.
- The modchip will take over and continue pressing and releasing your weapon button on your behalf.
- Your semi-automatic gun will now unload the entire clip on the single press of the fire-weapon button.
To change Rapid Fire sub-modes:
- Hold down your mod switch, and hold your fire weapon button (Right Trigger in Default Button Layout).
- The LED 2 will blink to indicate which mode you are changing to. The number of blinks indicates the number sub-mode. (Example: 3 blinks = sub-mode #3)
The mod comes with ten default speeds, but once you get the hang of the controller, you can customize these speeds to your exact liking.
- Mode 1 – 6.5 shots per second
- Mode 2 – 7.0 shots per second
- Mode 3 – 7.5 shots per second
- Mode 4 – 8.0 shots per second
- Mode 5 – 8.5 shots per second
- Mode 6 – 9.0 shots per second
- Mode 7 – 9.5 shots per second
- Mode 8 – 10.0 shots per second
- Mode 9 – 10.5 shots per second
- Mode 10 – 11.0 shots per second
It's also important to know that the software developers for each video game may have set a universal speed cap. The cap is different for every game. If you try to dial in your rapid fire speed above this cap, your gun will actually shoot slower, or not shoot at all. Always try starting out at a slower speed and increasing your speed in small pieces. For example, start out at a low speed such as 6 or 7 shots per second, then increase by 0.5 shots-per-second until you feel that the gun is starting to "sputter" or slow down. Once the gun starts sputtering, you are probably reaching the game's speed cap.
What Games Is Rapid Fire Compatible With?
Rapid Fire controller is compatible with all first person shooter games on the market.
How do I program in my very own custom Rapid Fire speed?
You’ve mastered the use of rapid fire and you’re ready to dial in your own custom speed in shots-per-second.
- First, turn on rapid fire and scroll to the mode you would like to edit.
- Now, hold the mod switch and then tap Sync button. All three LED’s will light up solid to let you know that it’s waiting for further input.
- Tap the fire-weapon button (Right Trigger in Default Button Layout). All three LED’s will blink quickly to let you know we’re going to start programming the rapid fire speed.
Let’s say your speed started at 6.5 shots per second. The mod will blink the “tens” digit on LED 2. In this case the tens digit is 0 (since you’re at 6.5 shots, there’s no digit in the tens place). The mod will do a very quick flash to indicate a “0”.
- Now you can tap the left trigger to decrease the tens digit, or tap the right trigger to increase the tens digit. The mod will blink to let you know what the current number is.
- When you’re happy with the number, tap the mod switch to move to the next number.
- Now we’re at the “ones” digit and they will blink on LED 3. Follow the procedure from above; tap the left trigger to decrease the ones digit, and tap the right trigger to increase the ones digit.
- Tap the mod switch to save that digit and move to the decimal place.
- Lastly, we’re at the decimal place, which is indicated on LED 4. Follow the procedure from above one last time; tap the left trigger to decrease the decimal, and tap the right trigger to increase the decimal.
- Tap the mod switch to save your selection.
- The mod will blink all LED’s three more times to let you know that your new speed was saved.