Jump to content

MegaModz Advanced Back Buttons For PS5 Controller


James Brady
 Share

Recommended Posts

Play better, play smarter, play how you want to play!

MEGA MODZ BACK BUTTONS FOR PS5 IS OUT¬†ūüĒ•

Everything you've asked our controllers to have - they now have it.

After months of building and testing the feature, we are now confidently saying we've delivered THE MOST ADVANCED BACK BUTTONS on the market yet. 

HOW IT LOOKS LIKE:

You get a nice looking attachment on the back consisting of:
- 2 rear buttons (for different configurations) 
- LED indicator (for easy profile customization)
- Mod Switch (to remap and configure inputs on the fly)

HOW IT WORKS:

Comes with 3 available sub-modes for the Back Buttons:
- Straight Remap - a standard, well known  button remapping
- Turbo Mod - button mashing (so much wanted!)
- Quick ON/OFF switch for MODS -  both back buttons serve as ON/OFF switch for mods for instant in-game control

WHAT YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM:
You get to select the level of advancement for the Back Buttons to be installed on your PS5 controller:

1.  Two Rear Buttons with Standard Remap only. ALLOWED IN ESPORTS TOURNAMENTS. 

2. Two Advanced Rear Buttons with Standard Remap and Turbo function. ONLINE/OFFLINE GAMING COMPATIBILITY. NOT ALLOWED IN ESPORTS TOURNAMENTS.

3. Option 1 ( Two Rear Buttons with Standard Remap) + MODS. ONLINE/OFFLINE GAMING COMPATIBILITY. NOT ALLOWED IN ESPORTS TOURNAMENTS.

4.  Option 2 ( Advanced Rear Buttons with Standard Remap and Turbo) + ON/OFF Switch function+ MODS 

 

For detailed info and steps, visit here Instructions For PS5 Controller Advanced Back Buttons | MegaModz.com

To build your PS5 with Advanced Back Buttons - Custom PS5 Controller Creator - Build Your Own | MegaModz.com

Ask questions - we are here to answer them!

 

09ca83af001cfddcefbeb9ffcb9cb324.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 5:48 PM, Qui Cole said:

Which controller option is best for 2k? (Excellent mod)

best for FPS? (Rapid fire) 

 

Great question Qui!

For NBA 2K you want to get a PS5 Macro Remap controller to get  a Green Shot mod. 

Here is a video tutorial (it's on a PS4 controller, but the principle is exactly the same)

More useful topics on the subject: thread 1 and thread 2.

 

To add the Macro Remap to your order:

- Click on the Back Buttons option on the righe hand side in Controller Creator Custom PS5 Controller Creator - Build Your Own | MegaModz.com

- Select the last option

 

Custom PS5 Controller Creator - Build Your Own _ M.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Fidel Conroy said:

Hi, 

I am looking to get this option. I do have a question... Can I program one of the 5 sub modes to any of the stock buttons? Or are the mods only activated when using the back buttons.

Hi Fidel,

If you go with the Macro Remap option then, MODS won't be available. Macro Remap does not affect the actual stock controller buttons. All the sub-modes can be configured on the back paddles.


If you go with MODS, then, you can select Straight Remap or Advanced feature. You can use all the functions separately. They are all independent.

We put up the article explaining the basic difference between MODS and Macro Remap. You can read it here. 

Let us know if that helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fidel Conroy said:

For the programing, can I place one of the 5 macro types to any of the stock buttons?

Hello Fidel, 

For Macro Remap option - you can map a stock button to any of the paddles, and then program it with desired macro input (Remap, Turbo, Double & Triple Tap, Continious Press). You can not program a stock button directly. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Fidel Conroy said:

Or are the mods only activated when using the back buttons.

Let's just clarify terms to make sure we are on the same page.

If you are referring  to standard classical mods (Rapid Fire, Dropshot etc) - these can be used with Remap and Turbo (button mashing) macros. You get MODS + mentioned macros via  Straight Remap or Advanced Back Buttons feature. 


You do not need to have buttons involved when using mods. 

 You can not use MODS with Continuous Press, Double and Triple Press macros. If you do need all avilable macros, please get Macro Remap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, If I were to purchase a PS5 controller with straight remap back button + rapid fire, will it have the mod switch on the back (red button on the side) for activating rapid fire or do I activate rapid fire with the back button?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rosina Rogahn said:

Hi, If I were to purchase a PS5 controller with straight remap back button + rapid fire, will it have the mod switch on the back (red button on the side) for activating rapid fire or do I activate rapid fire with the back button?

Hi Rosina, 

You will have a mod switch for mods activating and deactivating, but it won't be a red button on the side, it will be a button located at the middle of the attachment. 

Instructions For PS5 Controller Advanced Back Butt.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jay Rich said:

For 2k can I have it where the square button is auto green and not the back buttons

Jay, 

The question you asked is pretty commom and I thought I haven't elaborated on it enough. 

The reason why we don't offer macros (Continuous press for the Auto Green Shot in your case) on the stock controller buttons is because these inputs are modified. If you modify the stock buttons then you are stuck with a programmed input and can't perform any other actions with this button in the game.

Modern games requires various buttons presses (taps, short and long presses) in order to execute different actions. For example, if you have your Square button set up for the Auto Green Shot, you won't be able to perfrom any other shots with it. So the game would become unplayable.

But when you modify input on the back buttons, you get to execute the command you want with a paddle and still have a standard button input for for any other actions required by the game.

Does it make sense?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 8:32 PM, James Brady said:

Jay, 

The question you asked is pretty commom and I thought I haven't elaborated on it enough. 

The reason why we don't offer macros (Continuous press for the Auto Green Shot in your case) on the stock controller buttons is because these inputs are modified. If you modify the stock buttons then you are stuck with a programmed input and can't perform any other actions with this button in the game.

Modern games requires various buttons presses (taps, short and long presses) in order to execute different actions. For example, if you have your Square button set up for the Auto Green Shot, you won't be able to perfrom any other shots with it. So the game would become unplayable.

But when you modify input on the back buttons, you get to execute the command you want with a paddle and still have a standard button input for for any other actions required by the game.

Does it make sense?

ur very wrong... 99% use L1 for autogreen on NBA it works evrywhere and u dont need this button on park or REC only usefull in offline play.

i would buy ur controller instant without paddles and when u let L1 to be modded as square with continues press

Link to comment
Share on other sites

also can you tell me what controller i need to order for greens jumper in nba 2k22?

just macro remap back buttons?

it feels so akward to press them? any chance we can just use L1 with off on button on the back would be superior just for 2k2 controller

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sven vahtra said:

also can you tell me what controller i need to order for greens jumper in nba 2k22?

just macro remap back buttons?

it feels so akward to press them? any chance we can just use L1 with off on button on the back would be superior just for 2k2 controller

 

Hi Sven, 

Yes,  you need the Macro Remap option. And no it doesn't feel akward to press them.

Developing the functionality or just one game is not very cost effective, especially in the current conditions of the market. We may consider this for the future...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Turbo Mod*. Button mashing (holding a rear button produces a series of fast button presses).
  • I'm asking what is this mode exactly and what buttons would it work well with and how to activate it, I'm just using the remap on the back buttons. Trying to figure this out. Let me know. Thanks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Larry Blair said:
  • Turbo Mod*. Button mashing (holding a rear button produces a series of fast button presses).
  • I'm asking what is this mode exactly and what buttons would it work well with and how to activate it, I'm just using the remap on the back buttons. Trying to figure this out. Let me know. Thanks

Larry, 

The Turbo mode works like this:

Step 1.  You map any desired stock button on the controller to a back paddle (for example, a fire button)

Step 2.  Get the mapped paddle into a sub-mode 2  (Turbo)

Step 3.  Once you press and hold the paddle, the controller will be mashing the stock button from step 1 on your behalf (in case of mapping a fire button, you will get a Rapid Fire function)

 

Check out these videos, they demonstrate how to use the macro remap controller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38EC9WNwZtY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-FdhY-EiU&list=PLWvZyWcPJ0sysrJ8Y6CfDTYku7EIr0eW3&index=3

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...