Hello guys,

This topic is dedicated to answering questions about PS5 controller Back Buttons - Remap, Advanced and Macro Remap. 

09ca83af001cfddcefbeb9ffcb9cb324.png

HELPFUL LINKS:

PS5/PS4 Macro Remap video and written instructions  - here

PS5 Back Buttons / Remap and Advanced written tutorial - here

OTHER FORUMS TREADS

PS5 Back Buttons / Remap and Advanced and what they do - here 

NBA 2K Auto Green Shot Mod with Macro Remap - here

RULES:

Be sure to read these simple rules below before posting your question.

1. Please search the topic first and see if there are replies that match your question before posting. The goal of this topic is to keep this section clean and informative so everyone can find what they are looking for fast. Therefore, we won't be approving repetitive questions.

2.  Be specific and to the point when posting your question. That will insure getting an answer in a timely manner.

3. Users are welcome to answer the other user's questions.

4. Keep a positive attitude and be respectful to the other users and moderators.

BUILD YOUR CONTROLLER HERE

https://megamodz.com/PS5-Custom-Controller

GO AHEAD ASK YOUR QUESTIONS - WE ARE HERE TO HELP!

I got my advanced PS5 controller and just noticed that there are only 2 sub modes available. On my PS4 controller I was so happy with the double, triple and continuous tap.
Were there complications with the PS5 controllers and they couldn't use them? I'm happy with my custom controller, but would have loved to have the same options my PS4 controller had.
Will there be an upgrade in the future?

3 hours ago, Scott Tellep said:

I got my advanced PS5 controller and just noticed that there are only 2 sub modes available. On my PS4 controller I was so happy with the double, triple and continuous tap.
Were there complications with the PS5 controllers and they couldn't use them? I'm happy with my custom controller, but would have loved to have the same options my PS4 controller had.
Will there be an upgrade in the future?

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your question.

Your PS4 controller (the one you purchased previously) has the Macro Remap feature installed on it. 

Your PS5 controller (the most recent one) has the Advanced Back Buttons option.

On PS5 controllers we offer more options for Back Buttons. 

They are as follows:

- Straight Remap

- Advanced (2-sub-modes)

- Macro Remap (5 sub-modes)

Your selection was Advanced (1ST Sub- mode - Straight Remap + 2ND Sub-mode - Turbo Mod)

Custom PS5 Controller Creator - Build Your Own _ M.png

If you wish to get the Macro Remap option on your PS5 controller instead of the Advanced one you have - no problem. Just send it back and we will reprogram it. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Tellep said:

Thanks for the quick response. How much will it cost to ship it back and get it reprogrammed?

Since you are a loyal customer, it will be free of charge adjustment. 

Here are the steps to return your controller:

- Go to the "Purchase History" Tab in your account.

- Locate the product and click the "Return Item" button.

- Follow the prompts

We will send you the return shipping label via email. Please be sure to print it off within 24 hours. Otherwise, it will expire. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Tellep said:

When I went to build the new PS5 controller there were only None, Straight Remap and Advanced. But if I went to my old order and clicked the Newer Model link, it shows None, Straight Remap, Advanced and Macro Remap. That's what threw me off and confused me.

It is possible.

Maybe there were some updates being deployed on the website while you were accessing the page to build a PS5 controller.

Can you please check again and follow the same pattern to see if you can replicate the issue?

It works fine on my end. 

23 minutes ago, Mundus Gubernavi said:

It is possible.

Maybe there were some updates being deployed on the website while you were accessing the page to build a PS5 controller.

Can you please check again and follow the same pattern to see if you can replicate the issue?

It works fine on my end. 

I went to Shop => Modded Controllers => PS5 Wireless DualSense Custom Modded Controller Price is listed as $99.98
Clicking on Back Buttons it drops down to

Upgrading Your Hardware - BACK BUTTONS

Customize your gaming experience by choosing Mega Modz Back Buttons

Please select from available configurations:

Ask a Question

None
(+$0.00)

Straight Remap?
(+$60.00)

Advanced?
(+$70.00)

25 minutes ago, Scott Tellep said:

I went to Shop => Modded Controllers => PS5 Wireless DualSense Custom Modded Controller Price is listed as $99.98
Clicking on Back Buttons it drops down to

Upgrading Your Hardware - BACK BUTTONS

Customize your gaming experience by choosing Mega Modz Back Buttons

Please select from available configurations:

Ask a Question

None
(+$0.00)

Straight Remap?
(+$60.00)

Advanced?
(+$70.00)

Thank you for the detailed reply.

Those controller configurations are pre-built. 
https://megamodz.com/PS5-Modded-Controllers

They all have Rapid Fire and other mods installed by default. The Macro Remap function cannot be combined with Rapid Fire and other mods. Therefore, there is no such option (Macro Remap) under those listings.

If you wish to build a controller from scratch it would be a better idea to use the Controller Creator platform/page
It is more flexible as far as the available options are concerned. 

Just now, Mundus Gubernavi said:

Thank you for the detailed reply.

Those controller configurations are pre-built. 
https://megamodz.com/PS5-Modded-Controllers

They all have Rapid Fire and other mods installed by default. The Macro Remap function cannot be combined with Rapid Fire and other mods. Therefore, there is no such option (Macro Remap) under those listings.

If you wish to build a controller from scratch it would be a better idea to use the Controller Creator platform/page
It is more flexible as far as the available options are concerned. 

Ahh, ok, gotcha. Thank you, now I understand. Thank you again for your help and for allowing me to return my controller for a reprogram.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Dennis Unander said:

Is it possible to map multiple button inputs to back paddles? like if I wanted to right back paddle made a series like x,y,x,o,y with just one click?

Hello Dennis,

Only one stock controller button can be paired with one of the paddles on the back and further configured with simple macros such as turbo mode, auto double & triple taps, and continuous press. 

The detailed instructions for the Macro Remap function can be found here:

https://megamodz.com/instructions/ps4/macro-remap

46 minutes ago, Jose Rodriguez said:

Is there a way to add rapid fire to the back right paddle so I can use my R1 as regular fire or the other way around right back paddle regular fire and my R1 rapid fire ?

Hi Jose.

Yes, that setup is possible on Mega Modz PS5 Controllers with Advanced Back Buttons or Macro Remap.

First, you need to pair one of the paddles on the back with your "Fire" button (R1).

Then, you need to scroll to sub-mode #2 (Turbo Mode).

Here are the full instructions 

https://megamodz.com/PS5-Controller-Paddles

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Cristian Jimenez said:

Dose the controller still works with 12 mods if someone buy it with no back buttons ?

Hello, 

Absolutely. You can get a controller with:

1. Mods and no back buttons

2. Mods + Advanced or Straight Remap back buttons

3. No mods + any style back buttons

7 hours ago, Tien Cong said:

I bought the modded PS5 controller I have assigned the back paddles for R2 however, is there a way that =can also assign rapid fire on the back paddle that is assigned to R2 back paddle?

Hello,

Thank you for your recent purchase with us.

Yes. It is possible with the Advanced Back buttons you have on your controller.

All you have to do is to scroll to the second sub-mode (Turbo), once one of the paddles on the back was paired with a stock control button. The R2 button in your case. 

Here is the link below to access the detailed instructions. 

https://megamodz.com/PS5-Controller-Paddles

• 6 months later...

I play Apex legends and I’m curious what PS five back buttons I should get. I’m not sure if I’m understanding this correctly but I think I need the two button macro back triggers. I think I need the macro back buttons because I was hoping to be able to bind both my jump and slide stock buttons to a single back trigger to perform a super glide in game. 

Hi there, 

3 hours ago, Brad Ditto said:

bind both my jump and slide stock buttons to a single back trigge

Our back button macro technology allows mapping one controller button to a macro button at the time.

3 hours ago, Brad Ditto said:

I play Apex legends

For an optimized experience with the Apex controller, I suggest the following modifications:

- Advanced Back Buttons equipped with both turbo functionality (for button mashing) and remap macros.

- Mods specifically designed for compatibility with the Apex controller, including Rapid Fire, Auto Burst, Auto Sprint, Jumpshot, and Quick Scope. Each mod can be added individually through the Mods Tab.

You are welcome to build the controller here

Please ask any questions as the info might've been a lot to take in, but it's really not that complicated.