PS4 controller will not power on with full battery or charge

Hi, I received my controller 06/30/2020 and it worked beautifully. Started playing on 07/01/2020 and took a break to eat and left the controller on, mod chip was OFF. I have a 10 min controller sleep timer set on my ps4 so by the time I came back the controller was disconnected. Now it won’t charge or turn on off of any power supply cable combo including a Playstation charging stand or straight off the USB port. Battery indications showed it was full when i played with it before it died. Kinda sucks I had one day of glory with it and now its just sitting here! Any suggestions on how to wake it up?

image.jpg

Hello Tristian,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing such a problem. 
Do you have any alternative USB power cords to try? Our controllers are sensitive to the level of power these supplies provide. Even if your charging supplies work well with your standard controller they (charging docs, cords) may not provide the needed level of energy to the modchip we install causing the modchip to go to the sleep mode. 

Our best recommendation would be to try a new USB power cord. That should solve the issue. 

Please keep us posted on the progress.

I actively watched the controller charge when i took it out of the box. Used the same charging setup for overnight. Got online around 5pm, full charge and mods worked. It seems like the kill signal from the ps4 took it down and it doesnt know how to boot up. Now I have tried 5 different power supply/cable combos and can’t get a light to come on at all. Is there a specific output current required to charge the battery? I can provide up to 2.5A but requiring that much current to charge seems odd. It almost seems like a Zif cable pin might be shorting. I can run a meter across the battery later and if it shows at least half capacity then that cant be the problem, right?

38 minutes ago, tristian gaines said:

I actively watched the controller charge when i took it out of the box. Used the same charging setup for overnight. Got online around 5pm, full charge and mods worked. It seems like the kill signal from the ps4 took it down and it doesn't know how to boot up. Now I have tried 5 different power supply/cable combos and can’t get a light to come on at all. Is there a specific output current required to charge the battery? I can provide up to 2.5A but requiring that much current to charge seems odd. It almost seems like a Zif cable pin might be shorting. I can run a meter across the battery later and if it shows at least half capacity then that cant be the problem, right?

Sorry to inform you, but It seems we may need to take a look at it and inspect the problem. Can you please send it back? The process is easy.

- Go to Your Account

- Purchase History

- Start Return

- Follow the prompts

We will email you a shipping label so you can drop off a package at any postal office (USPS) or hang it to a mail man directly if you catch one around. 

We process all returns on Saturdays and those are ready to go on Monday. You'll be getting notifications emails along the way to stay updated. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 7:12 PM, tristian gaines said:

Hi, I received my controller 06/30/2020 and it worked beautifully. Started playing on 07/01/2020 and took a break to eat and left the controller on, mod chip was OFF. I have a 10 min controller sleep timer set on my ps4 so by the time I came back the controller was disconnected. Now it won’t charge or turn on off of any power supply cable combo including a Playstation charging stand or straight off the USB port. Battery indications showed it was full when i played with it before it died. Kinda sucks I had one day of glory with it and now its just sitting here! Any suggestions on how to wake it up?

image.jpg

Hello Tristian,

We've received your controller back. Just wanted to inform you that we were unable to replicate the issue you're describing. We have a few PS4 consoles (First Day Edition and bunch of PRO's) in our facility as well as lots of USB power cords (all of them are authentic SONY products). We also opened the controller up and tested all the modchip components as well as the battery. 

There were no issues found. We were able to charge and play with the controller every time we wanted to.

It looks like the problem is exclusive to your particular charging setup. Were you using the controller with a console or a PC?

Please allow up to 24 hours for our customer rep to contact you and assist you further. 

PS4 Controller Custom LED Indicator.jpeg

PS4 Controller Light Bar.jpeg

20 minutes ago, tristian gaines said:

The front end of the ps4 or the contact on the charging stand must be bad. Is there a specific wall adapter that you guys use?

We use USB cords mostly. I would recommend switching the charging station. There is a strong possibility it doesn't work right.

No specific brand preferences though. All of them should perform well as long it is in a working condition.   

Is there a specific sequence that shuts down the ability for the controller to not light up when receiving power? Maybe the chip was disabled some how and it was locked and wouldnt power on? I verified a 1A, 5VDC charge and placed it on overnight and it still wouldn’t light up that it was charging.

Your charging supply connector wears off at the same rate as the controller's USB port. When these 2 parts are plugged in they may still make a solid connection and your controller (standard PS4 controller) will receive  just enough power to function.

When you connect a new modded controller, first, it needs more power to start functioning, because there is an additional modchip installed which requires some power as well.  And second, when you plug  in a used charging supply the connection is no longer solid, because there is a level of progressive loss of material on your charging supply resulted from the mechanical interaction of two sliding surfaces under load. 

The easiest solution is to get a brand new charging supply. That way it will insure a solid, steady current flow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mundus Gubernavi changed the title to PS4 controller will not power on with full battery or charge
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just received my controller back in the mail and ran into the same exact issue except this time I used a cable and supply with Sony’s logo on it. It lit up yellow as if it were charging and I left the PS menu up and then the console went into rest mode. Now the controller will not light up. 

C67FB90A-B1A1-4478-8DFA-A898F3B7145B.jpeg

image.jpg

102D6CAA-1735-49CB-A525-56C517FC1F6C.jpeg

Edited by tristian gaines
comparison controller

Hello,

Unfortunately, we ran out of troubleshooting options.

In cases like this one, we offer to send the product back for a full refund.

Please note that this option is time-sensitive and the product must be shipped back within 3 business days. 

We apologize for the inconvenience.