JUST GOT PS4 MACRO REMAP

Just received my ps4 modded controller, and realized I've got a macro one, it comes with 2 big macro paddles on the back😵 Their policy says i have 10 days to try it out, I don't wanna give up so easily lol. Where do I start working with this thing? Has anyone tried it out? I play mortal combat, apex, gta5, cod.

1 hour ago, Leon Jordan said:

Just received my ps4 modded controller, and realized I've got a macro one, it comes with 2 big macro paddles on the back😵 Their policy says i have 10 days to try it out, I don't wanna give up so easily lol. Where do I start working with this thing? Has anyone tried it out? I play mortal combat, apex, gta5, cod.

Hi Leon, I have one and am a big fan actually 😀 There is a steep learning curve, but it's no so complicated as it may seem. In a nutshell,  it allows you to program one controller button at a time to a macro paddle, you can't program multi button sequences. Once you pair the button you want to a macro paddle, you will be able to choose from 5 different inputs, turbo, remap, continuous press etc. The cool thing is that you can go with default timings or adjust them. For example for turbo the default timing is 100 ms, if it not good you can program from 50 ms - 3 sec etc. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leon Jordan said:

Leon, 

It may be a a good thing you've ordered a Macro PS4 one 😄 First let's get the concept of the product right. Every game accepts user inputs via button presses. What it really cares about is how long a button is being pressed and the time between button presses. Quick example: When you want to shoot a semi-auto gun really fast you have to tap your fire button as fast as possible. At first sight you may think there is only one variable - the time between buttons presses, but in reality, it is also important how quickly the button is being pressed and released. The macro remap feature can handle both variables on your behalf in a very efficient way once it’s programmed.

Another advantage is that the Macro Remap option lets you have 2 more modified inputs on top of the standard one and choose the one that is more appropriate and beneficial in a certain gaming situation.

Once you understand the concept you can start learning the functionality in 3 steps:

• ASSIGNING STOCK BUTTONS (The Beginner Level)

The process is pretty easy: you hold down the mod switch on the back, then hold down the macro button, and finally hold down the stock button to be assigned for 2 seconds.

• CHANGING SUB-MODES (The Intermediate Level)

Once a stock button is paired to the Macro Button you can now start changing between 5 sub-modes. One extra thing you have to learn here is how to understand the LED indication.

• SETTING UP CUSTOM VALUES (The Expert Level)

Once you learned how to change sub-modes and the LED indicator signals you’re ready to move to the most complicated step - entering a programming mode and adjusting timing for button presses.

Visit the Tutorial page here https://megamodz.com/instructions/ps4/macro-remap 

You will find a video tutorial (very top of the page) and step-by-step written instructions on every aspect of Macro Remap PS4 functionality:

macro remap forum.png

1 hour ago, Leon Jordan said:

Thanks man which is your favorite setting?

I use the turbo mode a lot in MK11 for example where I make X button a turbo one so every time you hold down X it will continuously press it over and over again. In Destiny I like to map square to a macro button so I can aim and bring back a teammate. I also map X to a macro button to be able to jump and keep my finger on the stick.