PS5 Modded Controller - Mods Aren’t Working

JARED COADY

Hello,

I purchased a PS5 controller from you and it has worked great. However recently I noticed an update occurred for the controller and since then whenever I want to use it the mod lights are all on and red. I can’t get any mod to work, I even tried the mod reset sequence which the lights turned white and then did the small flashing action I believe signifying the rest worked. However the lights just went back to all being on and red.

Any suggestions to help get this working again?

thanks

2 minutes ago, JARED COADY said:

Hello,

I purchased a PS5 controller from you and it has worked great. However recently I noticed an update occurred for the controller and since then whenever I want to use it the mod lights are all on and red. I can’t get any mod to work, I even tried the mod reset sequence which the lights turned white and then did the small flashing action I believe signifying the rest worked. However the lights just went back to all being on and red.

Any suggestions to help get this working again?

thanks

Hello,

DualSense controller firmware updates do not affect mods in any way.

From what you describe it looks like the LED indicator is malfunctioning.

Please go ahead and send it back. We will take a look at it.

Here is the link with the instructions below:

https://megamodz.com/returns-and-repairs

20 minutes ago, Mundus Gubernavi said:

Hello,

DualSense controller firmware updates do not affect mods in any way.

From what you describe it looks like the LED indicator is malfunctioning.

Please go ahead and send it back. We will take a look at it.

Here is the link with the instructions below:

https://megamodz.com/returns-and-repairs

After some brief testing I noticed that the mods are still working, it’s just that all 4 leds stay on a red. It can be tough to adjust submods for rapid fire as an example with them all staying on. 

Any advice on what I may be able to do myself to correct this without shipping it back? I’d like to avoid shipping fees and any replacement costs if I can.

thanks

11 minutes ago, JARED COADY said:

After some brief testing I noticed that the mods are still working, it’s just that all 4 leds stay on a red. It can be tough to adjust submods for rapid fire as an example with them all staying on. 

Any advice on what I may be able to do myself to correct this without shipping it back? I’d like to avoid shipping fees and any replacement costs if I can.

thanks

Unfortunately, the only fix is to replace the LED board. The procedure can only be done by our technicians.

20 minutes ago, Mundus Gubernavi said:

Unfortunately, the only fix is to replace the LED board. That procedure can only be done by our technicians.

Is there anyway I can order the led board and replace myself? I have technical experience as long as I can get the parts.

19 hours ago, JARED COADY said:

Is there anyway I can order the led board and replace myself? I have technical experience as long as I can get the parts.

We use updated LED boards now. For the new LED board to work with the modchip you have the latter needs to be reprogrammed.
Even if you can swap the LED board yourself it won't work.