Steam Deck Handheld PC By Valve - (Questions & Answers)

Mundus Gubernavi

Hello folks,

We are excited to announce that we now offer the Customizer Platform for Steam Deck handheld PCs.

You are welcome to fully customize the look and feel of the Valve Steam Deck via the Steam Deck Creator

Plus upgrade it with exclusive add-ons:

- Increased memory storage capability ( up to 1 or 2TB via NVMe SSD)
- Electromagnetic sticks with Hall Effect
- High-resolution 1920 x 1200px screen (available within November)
- RAM upgrade to 32GB (coming soon)

HAVE QUESTIONS? DON’T HESITATE TO ASK. WE ARE HERE TO HELP!

Steam-Deck-Custom-Controller-Sakura-Pink-Configuration-216566-MegaModz.jpg

Steam-Deck-Custom-Controller-Sakura-Pink-Configuration-216565-MegaModz.jpg

Steam-Deck-Custom-Controller-Chrome-Gold-Configuration-216564-MegaModz.jpg

Steam-Deck-Custom-Controller-Chrome-Gold-Configuration-216563-MegaModz.jpg

Steam-Deck-Custom-Controller-White-Configuration-216580-MegaModz (1).jpg

Steam-Deck-Custom-Controller-White-Configuration-216580-MegaModz.jpg

• 1 month later...

I bought a deck shortly after release, can I send mine in for customization or would I need to purchase from you?

Alternatively, can I just buy the custom components and make the changes myself? I expect that even if I could the parts would have limited coverage since you didn't do any of the work.

On 9/3/2023 at 1:28 PM, Kris Templin said:

I bought a deck shortly after release, can I send mine in for customization or would I need to purchase from you?

Alternatively, can I just buy the custom components and make the changes myself? I expect that even if I could the parts would have limited coverage since you didn't do any of the work.

Hello Kris,

Thank you for your question.

We do not sell parts and components. We do offer a Send-In service, however.

• 3 weeks later...

How does the send-in service work for the Steam Deck? Are you reimbursed for the cost of the Steam Deck after adding a custom Steam Deck to your cart and checking out? Or is there an option that I am missing somewhere. 

Additionally is shipping included both for send-in and return (do y'all generate a label for us to use or have a preferred carrier)?

3 hours ago, Nicholas Carlson said:

How does the send-in service work for the Steam Deck? Are you reimbursed for the cost of the Steam Deck after adding a custom Steam Deck to your cart and checking out? Or is there an option that I am missing somewhere? 

Additionally, is shipping included both for send-in and return (do y'all generate a label for us to use or have a preferred carrier)?

Hello Nicholas,

The Steam Deck "Send-In Service" website functionality is in the development phase currently.

Once finished, it will be a structured process that will allow the user to do the following before sending a Deck in:

• Provide a brief description of the owner's Steam Deck (Model, Steam Deck Part #, Device condition, etc.)
  • Select the desired custom and hardware options
  • Get the final price calculated in real-time
  • Get the estimated project completion and delivery date
  • Select the desired shipping methods (FedEx) one or both ways
  • Get notified about the process progress
  • Complete the purchase through the website shopping cart

If you wish to send your Deck right away before the functionality is complete you can do so by following the steps below:

Step 1 - Gathering Information

-----------------------------------------------------------

Send me a DM with the following answers about your device:

• Your Steam Deck Serial Number (How to find?)
  • When did you buy it (Approx.)?
  • Have you opened your Deck and done any modifications yourself?
  • What is the current condition of your Deck (Brand New, Like New, Used – Good, Used – Acceptable)?
  • What SSD is installed in your Deck?
  • If you select a bigger SSD would you like us to clone your SSD onto the new SSD?
  • Are there any known issues (hardware & software) with the device?
  • Do you want us to mail you a shipping label? FedEx 2-Day ($15-18)

For the quote, you need to select all the options you wish to be installed on your Deck in the Deck Creator (disregard the price calculation for now as it will show the price for a new modified device):

https://megamodz.com/Custom-Steam-Deck

When finished, either add the configuration to You Wish List (we can later access it) or click the "Download" button

1369573076_MonosnapSteamDeckMods-CustomHardwareUpgrade.thumb.png.cdeecbfe01558d17f264c4b53459a07a.png

You'll be prompted to save the picture (it will contain all the options you selected) with the QR code onto your device. You then, can attach the picture while inquiring for a quote.

Step 2 - Quote & Payment

We will analyze your request and provide a quote within 1-2 business days. If the quote works for you, we will send you an invoice that you can pay off through PayPal (even if you don't have a PayPal account).

Step 3 - Preparation & Shipping

Once the invoice is paid you can then start preparing your Deck for shipping:

• Make sure your Deck is clean and disinfected (you can use rubbing alcohol or sanitizing spray) 
  • Remove all accessories from your Deck if there are any (cases, stickers, SD, etc. )
  • Put your Deck in the original carrying case before boxing it up
  • If we mailed you a shipping label, then your box’s volume shouldn't exceed 362 cubic inches. Use this formula to calculate the volume: your box length x width x height
  • If you are mailing the package on your own, then make sure to send us a tracking number of the shipment

Step 4 - Processing & Modding Your Deck

• Once we receive the device we will start by performing an inspection to make sure your Deck is in working condition and is in line with all the technical information provided earlier. 
  • Once the Inspection part is done, we will start a modifying process on your Deck. The turnaround time is usually 1 to 2 weeks. However, during the holiday season (November through February) it may take up to 4 weeks. All OEM parts that we will remove from your handheld can be shipped back to you.
  • When we ship your Deck back, you'll be notified by email and a tracking number will be provided.

Step 4 - Receiving Your Deck Back

• Once you receive your handheld back, we ask you to perform a visual inspection of the device as well as to test all the controls (buttons) in the Settings interface and report issues if there are any within the first days (please be mindful that false reporting is not acceptable on our platform and will result in a permanent ban).
  • The warranty is 3 months and it covers the parts we replaced and labor. An extended warranty of one year can be purchased ($39.99).
  • Please also note that the service is not refundable due to its nature and we encourage you to weigh in on all pros and cons before making a purchasing decision.  

Please let us know if there is anything else we haven’t covered while answering your question. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nicholas Carlson said:

Wow! Thank you for the detailed breakdown. I will likely wait for the service to be fully web-integrated. 

Last question: is the *coming soon* HD screen upgrade identical to the DeckHD screen? And is there a release date on when that will be available through y'all? 

You are welcome.

That will be the DeckHD screen. We work with them. The release date is around the end of October.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Matt Hahlen said:

Do we know what the price will be for the DeckHD screen upgrade yet?

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your question. Yes, the price for the high-resolution screen (1920x1200px) will be $149.99 if you configure a new Deck and $199.99 if you sending In your own Deck.

Let us now if you have any further questions.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, Jake Vohaska said:

Will the display upgrades be in stock again by the beginning of May? 

Hello,

With the release of the Steam Deck OLED version last year the demand for the LCD High-Resolution screens has decreased significantly and we are no longer planning to restock those.