Mechanical triggers

John Smart

IDK what products these companies are using for mechanical triggers but they suck and it isn't just MegaModz. I have ordered controllers from other companies and had nothing but problems with mechanical triggers. The triggers keep malfunctioning especially R2 on Playstation 5 controllers. I wouldn't recommend the mechanical triggers upgrade. 

22 hours ago, John Smart said:

IDK what products these companies are using for mechanical triggers but they suck and it isn't just MegaModz. I have ordered controllers from other companies and had nothing but problems with mechanical triggers. The triggers keep malfunctioning especially R2 on Playstation 5 controllers. I wouldn't recommend the mechanical triggers upgrade. 

Thank you for your feedback.

The difference between the standard PS5 Triggers and the Mechanical ones is in the switch. 

The standard one has a robber piece underneath the trigger, as opposed to a tactical switch found in the Mechanical option. The tactical switch is sensitive to the amount of force applied and has a shorter lifespan due to the material and design

There is always a tradeoff when it comes to performance. 

The Mechanical triggers option is not as reliable and durable as the standard triggers option. But it offers increased performance due to shorter distance travel, faster input, and response time. 

When excessive force is applied constantly it shortens the lifespan of the switch. If the user can manage the force and not overpress the button it may last for a long period. We've been seeing returns older than a year with Mechanical shoulder buttons working just fine. 

• Like 1