Back Buttons not working for the on/off switch for mods

Message added by Mundus Gubernavi,

CLAIM STATUS: Unverified. The issue wasn't replicated.

Just as the title says I just bought a new edge controller with mods and the advanced back buttons but tue switch for the mods will not work but on my other none edge controller same specs it works just fine. I followed the guide and even looked on youtube and it seems it should work but acually doesnt any help?

thanks

11 hours ago, nathan kirkendoll said:

Just as the title says I just bought a new edge controller with mods and the advanced back buttons but tue switch for the mods will not work but on my other none edge controller same specs it works just fine. I followed the guide and even looked on youtube and it seems it should work but acually doesnt any help?

thanks

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for your recent purchase with us.

As for the problem you describe, it looks like you'll need to send the controller back for an inspection.

We never encountered such a problem when the mod button becomes unresponsive and would like to investigate the issue further so it doesn't happen in the future and you have a 100% working device.

The return process is quick and easy. Here are the steps:

• Login to your account
  • Go to the Purchase History tab
  • Locate the product
  • Click the Return Item button
  • Follow the further prompts 

On 6/29/2023 at 11:12 PM, Mundus Gubernavi said:

Sounds great. We will keep you updated.

Hello Nathan,

We have received your controller and are unable to replicate the problem you are describing (see the video trough the link below).

Can you please elaborate?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cptmfqm0utw9vta/nathan kirkendoll's return inspection video.mp4?dl=0

On 7/5/2023 at 1:05 PM, Mundus Gubernavi said:

Hello Nathan,

We have received your controller and are unable to replicate the problem you are describing (see the video trough the link below).

Can you please elaborate?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cptmfqm0utw9vta/nathan kirkendoll's return inspection video.mp4?dl=0

i would set rapid fire up for the on off toggle and id shoot rapid fire was off so id click the switch the controller would buzz but the rapid fire would still be off. So my problem was that id setup rapid fire for the on off switch but no matter how mamy times the controller buzzed or have the switch clicked it wouldnt work in game

2 hours ago, nathan kirkendoll said:

i would set rapid fire up for the on off toggle and id shoot rapid fire was off so id click the switch the controller would buzz but the rapid fire would still be off. So my problem was that id setup rapid fire for the on off switch but no matter how mamy times the controller buzzed or have the switch clicked it wouldnt work in game

Would the red led (1st slot) come up on the right LED indicator any time you activate Rapid Fire? 

2 hours ago, nathan kirkendoll said:

i would set rapid fire up for the on off toggle

Are you referring to the function that enables paddles to be a quick ON/OFF switch for shooting mods (including Rapid Fire)? That function didn't work or you were unable to make the Rapid Fire Mod work at all?

8 hours ago, Mundus Gubernavi said:

Would the red led (1st slot) come up on the right LED indicator any time you activate Rapid Fire? 

Are you referring to the function that enables paddles to be a quick ON/OFF switch for shooting mods (including Rapid Fire)? That function didn't work or you were unable to make the Rapid Fire Mod work at all?

the red light would come on when turning on rapidfire but my problem was the quick on off switch for shooting mods when i would attempt to set that up it would not work but with the same process it works on my other ps5 controller

13 hours ago, nathan kirkendoll said:

the red light would come on when turning on rapidfire but my problem was the quick on off switch for shooting mods when i would attempt to set that up it would not work but with the same process it works on my other ps5 controller

Gotcha. We will take a look at this shortly. 

On 7/8/2023 at 11:31 PM, nathan kirkendoll said:

Hello Nathan,

We are still unable to replicate the issue you described. But we may have a clue what happened on your end.

Can you please specify the back paddle setup at the time of the problem occurrence? What the right and left paddles were configured for?

Were they both configured as an ON/OFF switch for mods? Do you recall?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Mundus Gubernavi said:

Hello Nathan,

We are still unable to replicate the issue you described. But we may have a clue what happened on your end.

Can you please specify the back paddle setup at the time of the problem occurrence? What the right and left paddles were configured for?

Were they both configured as an ON/OFF switch for mods? Do you recall?

Thanks.

Yes left paddle was being used for circle (or b for xbox) and I was trying to use the right paddle for the on/off switch for rapidfire then after it wasnt working i tested a different mod on the left paddle and it seemed to work but didnt test it in a game.

16 hours ago, nathan kirkendoll said:

Yes left paddle was being used for circle (or b for xbox) and I was trying to use the right paddle for the on/off switch for rapidfire then after it wasnt working i tested a different mod on the left paddle and it seemed to work but didnt test it in a game.

The configuration you described worked fine when we tested it. 

Here is a quick tip. If you set both paddles to work as an ON/OFF switch for Rapid Fire (or other shooting mods), then the Left Paddle will always be the OFF switch for RF and the Right one will be the ON switch for RF. I thought that could be the case, but if you had the Left Paddle assigned to the Circle button then you should have been able to quickly turn ON and OFF the Rapid Fire Mod by pressing the right one. 

We will ship your controller back on Monday. It should be working fine.