Tournament Organizers

esports guy

Pretty simple question or maybe a big debate? I'm wanting to be fly on the wall here.

I want to start running local tournaments, but I want people to bring their own controllers. Should I allow a Mega Modz controller with Rapid Fire? Is there allow the controller but not the feature? I don't mind physical features like moved buttons, but rapid fire type features I'm more worried about. I want to run a fair environment but allow flexibility of hardware for personal preferences. Thoughts?

On 7/6/2021 at 6:25 PM, esports guy said:

Pretty simple question or maybe a big debate? I'm wanting to be fly on the wall here.

I want to start running local tournaments, but I want people to bring their own controllers. Should I allow a Mega Modz controller with Rapid Fire? Is there allow the controller but not the feature? I don't mind physical features like moved buttons, but rapid fire type features I'm more worried about. I want to run a fair environment but allow flexibility of hardware for personal preferences. Thoughts?

Hey, 

I think you should follow general guidelines of esports tournaments, meaning that features like remap buttons, trigger locks are allowed. Because they are more about your play style and ergonomics. 

Mods or macros is a different story, they are not allowed as they can give you an advantage over others.  

With that you can def allow pro mega modz controllers with back buttons, trigger locks etc, just not with the mods.