Please read through our guidelines and expectations before submitting a contributed article:
We're looking for fresh perspectives on topics our readers care about. To ensure your idea is authentic, please:
- Search the site. You'll discover what topics our audience enjoys and what we already offer on a topic. Make sure the article you wish to submit offers something our readers and editors haven't seen on our platform.
- Look at current events. Any news and industry changes may help you create a genuine article. Feel free to throw any ideas on how these updates can affect gaming industry in general and video game accessory market in particular.
2. Key Points
- By submitting your entry to Mega Modz Planet Blog, you give us the right to be an exclusive publisher of the article online
- Once the content is published on our platform, you must not republish it elsewhere online
- An article must deliver high-quality, original content that has not been previously published elsewhere on the web
- The post must be well-written in English
- It is required to reply to the comments on your post after it’s live on the MegaModz Blog
- Get prepared to take some flak, you have to debate well and support your position with good arguments
- Please include an author’s bio (2 - 3 sentences) that explains who you are and what you do along with the social media pages links you would like to include. Please don’t use superlatives or overly promotional or personal language for your professional bio.
5. Profile Photo
- Your photo is a very important part of your MegaModz profile
- Uploading a quality photo into your profile will help you make the right impression and potentially maximize the number of users who read your article
- Because profile photos appear as small thumbnails on MegaModz blog, your photo should only be of your head, neck, and possibly the top of your shoulders
- Make sure that your photo depicts you in a professional manner
- Avoid busy backgrounds. It's best to stand against a solid-colored, light background.
- We reserve the right to edit a post for grammatical errors, readability, and easier legibility
- Anything that requires more than basic editing on our part will be sent back for you to edit
- We can suggest changes or additions once sending a post back to you for improvement
- If you have any questions or ideas about your guest post, please email us at [email protected]
- Once your guest post is accepted, it usually takes between three to five days for it to be published
- We will do our best to notify you the day your article goes live
8. Post Topics
- Video Gaming Industry Topics should be as follows: PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii, PC, 3DS, DS and others gaming gadgets, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, events, walkthroughs, and more.
Our editors are looking for articles that are engaging, entertaining, give insight into current trends and may also provide with forecasts for the industry hot topics.
9. Post Structure
- Create a flashy headline
- Write an excerpt – a quick, engaging summary of your content consisting of 1 - 2 sentences. (160 characters including spaces maximum, can be less). Please place the summary right below H1.
- Break up the paragraphs into easy-to-digest pieces
- Use bulleted lists with a brief description and links if necessary
- Use bold and italics for emphasis, not underlining
10. Post Length
While length isn’t the main factor, the quality of the content sure is. Your post should be as long as it needs to be to convey the message, but not ambiguous.
- Roughly 500-600 words in length minimum
- The title and all headings should be appealing, concrete and descriptive. Markup headings within the article:
<h3>headings, please capitalize the first letter of every word, e.g. “Video Game Industry Going Through Major Changes”.
- Do not capitalize articles (a, an, and, the), nor prepositions of three or fewer letters (such as of, in and for)
- Do not use full stops (periods) at the end of your headings
12. Commas & Abbreviations
- Add a comma before etc.: “Use with Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc.”
- Do not abbreviate or use symbols for everyday words: play and charge, not play & charge; gaming and streaming, not gaming/streaming; subject, not subj. (except in headings)
- Using “i.e.” to precede a clarification is acceptable. It comes from the Latin “id est” and means “that is” or “in other words.” E.g. “The recipient (i.e. the person that receives) will make the final decision.”
- Using “e.g.” is also fine when brevity is required. It comes from the Latin expression “exempli gratia” and means “for example.” Use it when listing only some of all instances of a concept, and do not follow it with a period, e.g. “Find it at the nearest store ( e.g. GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart).”
- High-quality images and screenshots are important in our articles. Please always store full-size images locally in case we may need them again. Images should be attractive and relevant and should not have low-quality artifacts. They should be legible and properly cropped.
- Do not rescale images and crop them to focus on the point of interest
- Images should be maximum 1600 pixels wide and a maximum of 1000 pixels high
- Make sure you own the copyright to any images you submit with your posts. Otherwise, provide the links to image sources.
- We do not require an intro (Thumbnail) image with the post, still, it would be preferable if you attached it in the form with your guest post (900 x 536 pixels).
- We may use our own pictures in your article if images provided by you do not reveal the full meaning.
- Link to an external web page only once. Linking to different pages from a single website is OK if warranted.
- Use readable text for link anchors, not URLs (unless significant). So Nintendo, not
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid.
- Cite your sources and back everything up.
- Mega Modz Blog supports US spelling (e.g. “flavor”, not “flavour”). Please refer to the Merriam-Webster dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com for all preferred spellings
16. Get Paid to Write Articles
- Mega Modz Planet is also an eCommerce platform that sells video game accessories. Writers who submit high-quality articles on our blog will get an opportunity to receive our products for in-depth reviews. A reviewer may keep an item and get paid $0.1 per word. If a publisher is also comfortable on camera, he/she may record a supportive video review on the topic and get $50-$100 additionally (depending on the video content quality).
- Once your article is published you grant the right to Mega Modz Planet to be an exclusive publisher of the video and article online. You may not upload this video and publish article elsewhere online.
- If your article is approved for a paid version, you will receive a welcoming email with further instructions.
- Please note, that in order to qualify for paid articles you must first submit your own article and get approved. We won’t consider accepting writers for paid articles who never wrote for us previously. A writer must have PayPal account so we can pay thru it. A payment will be made not later than 10 days upon publishing the article.
Congratulations! If you got down here, you are one of the good ones. Now you can safely go to our article submission form and amaze us with your content!
Once again, if you have any questions or ideas about your guest post, please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
NOTE: The MegaModz blog editors reserve the right to reject any content suggested by authors without ever publishing it.