Modded controllers drain battery??

Gonzalo Crist

I recently purchased the Juggernaut edition controller about mid May. I’ve used it and it works fine but when I power down my PS4 with a healthy battery (3 bars) . Try to power on say a day or 2 later, it’s completely dead. Is this normal for a modded controller? Or Should I just keep it on a charger when not in use? I usually just let my controllers get down to a bar or so then charge

Hello,

There is nothing wrong either with the battery or your controller. Modded controllers consume more power due to the additional modchip installed. Naturally, it would run out of charge faster by 15-20%. For instance, if the standard controller will last 10 hours of continuous gaming session our modded controllers will run out of charge in 7 to 8 hours in comparison. Anything faster than that would indicate a bad power supply that can be instantly solved via replacing the charger.

Also, modded controllers will run out of charge faster if they are not completely turned off. A standard controller will remain charged after being turned off for a couple of days, our controllers will run out power in a day or so since the modchip is never completely turned off.