PS5 Custom Controller Not Charging Properly.

Good Morning Everyone,

I have recently purchased a custom-built controller from MegaModz, it came about a day or two ago and I plugged it into charge overnight. When I logged on the next day the battery was still at 1 bar. I didn't get anything added other than mechanical buttons and bumpers. Is there a specific way I need to charge this controller in order to receive a full charge or is this an issue where I would need to send the controller back?

4 hours ago, Kevin McPherson said:

Good Morning Everyone,

I have recently purchased a custom-built controller from MegaModz, it came about a day or two ago and I plugged it into charge overnight. When I logged on the next day the battery was still at 1 bar. I didn't get anything added other than mechanical buttons and bumpers. Is there a specific way I need to charge this controller in order to receive a full charge or is this an issue where I would need to send the controller back?

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your recent purchase with us.

Quick question. Do you charge the controller with the USB charging cable you purchased from us? 

In most cases, the problem you describe is caused by a charging supply, not a controller. 

Good Afternoon, 

Yes, I am utilizing the cable that came with the controller, I just let it sit for another 4-5 hours on charge and it finally hit 2 bars, is the battery life bigger than normal controllers? Is there a specific port I should be plugged into to charge the controller?

8 minutes ago, Kevin McPherson said:

Good Afternoon, 

Yes, I am utilizing the cable that came with the controller, I just let it sit for another 4-5 hours on charge and it finally hit 2 bars, is the battery life bigger than normal controllers? Is there a specific port I should be plugged into to charge the controller?

The controller is a standard DualSense remote. It operates exactly like the one that came with your console. 

4-5 hours to hit 2 bars is not normal charging. I am not sure what is wrong with the controller as we never encounter the issue you are describing.

If you wish you can send it back. We will take a look at it. 

5 minutes ago, Kevin McPherson said:

Good Evening, 

What is the process on returning items to get looked at? I would greatly appreciate it. Other than this issue I am thoroughly happy with my purchase thus far. 

Hello, 

To request RMA, please access your User Dashbboard www.megamodz.com/account/sign-in, navigate Account/History/Orders/Return Item Button and follow the steps provided on the screen. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...