PS5 Edge Controller - General Inquiries - (Questions & Answers)

Hello folks,

This topic is dedicated to answering questions about PS5 DualSense Edge Wireless Controller.

PS5 Edge Controller - Mega Modz Forums.jpeg

RULES:

Be sure to read these simple rules below before posting your question.

1. Please search the topic first and see if there are replies that match your question before posting. This topic aims to keep this section clean and informative so everyone can find what they are looking for fast. Therefore, we won't be approving repetitive questions.

2.  Be specific and to the point when posting your question. That will insure getting an answer in a timely manner.

3. Users are welcome to answer other users' questions.

4. Keep a positive attitude and be respectful to the other users and moderators.

HELPFUL LINKS & INTERESTNING ARTICLES:

DualSense Edge Controller Builder

https://megamodz.com/Custom-PS5-Edge-Controller

DulasSense Edge Controller In-Dept Review

https://megamodz.com/blog/PS5-Edge-Controller-Review

DualSense Edge Best Controller Settings For WARZONE 2 & MW2

https://megamodz.com/blog/PS5-Dualsense-Edge-Controller-Settings

GO AHEAD AND ASK YOUR QUESTIONS - WE ARE HERE TO HELP!

On 1/26/2023 at 11:29 PM, Xavier Cintron said:

Understanding the controller was just released. Is there an estimated window of when the modded version will be released?

Hello Xavier,

Thank you for your question.

We are aiming for the beginning of March if everything goes according to plan). Our team has already started working on it.

We will be posting updates in the forums frequently. 

Stay tuned!

On 2/4/2023 at 9:10 PM, Bob Verhasselt said:

Hi, If I remap the R3 button to a back paddle, does it disable the R3 button? Or does the R3 still work? My goal is the disable my melee because I always accidentally push the R3 button when fighting in COD. Thank you!

Bob

Hello Bob,

Great question -  you are able to set the R3 to the back buttons and then disable the actual R3 Stick(melee). This way if you press the R3 stick nothing will happen (no more accidental melee during gun fights). You can then press the back button to activate R3.  Hope this helps 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 1:10 PM, Bob Verhasselt said:

Hi, If I remap the R3 button to a back paddle, does it disable the R3 button? Or does the R3 still work? My goal is the disable my melee because I always accidentally push the R3 button when fighting in COD. Thank you!

Bob

How to customize your controller’s button assignments
Make using your DualSense Edge™ wireless controller easier for you by changing the button assignments.

1. Create or edit a custom profile, and select Customize Button Assignments.

2. Select the button you want to change and then select the function you want to assign to it.
If you select Disable, pressing the button won't have an input.

3. Select Apply.  

4. Select Back to Game to return to your game. Your customization is automatically saved.
Press and hold the Fn button, and then press the options button to return to the customization menu.

Things To Keep In Mind:

• You can't assign the Fn button to another function, nor can you assign another button to the function of the Fn button.
  • Press Reset to reset all your button assignments to their default values.
  • Pressing the Fn button disables the use of buttons and the functions assigned to them. 
  • You always need to assign circle and cross buttons
  • While you can swap L2 and R2 trigger buttons, you can’t assign another button to work as the trigger buttons or assign multiple functions to L2 and R2. 

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Tyreek Brown said:

Do it comes with rapid fire? Didn’t see a option 

Hello,

This is the topic that is dedicated to the Standard DualSense Edge Controller and its standard features. 

If you are interested in a Modified Edge Controller, then visit this topic below: