Controller Mapping Haywire

My Xbox One S Modded controller from megamodz has just suddenly began to act strangely. When I press a button (Y for example) the controller tells the devices im using that im pressing R1. Start button registers as 315? Select button registers as DOT? The mapping for this controller has just suddenly gone haywire basically and Its not usable. I have tried different software, different games and even try remapping controls in game through the games menus but its always wacky no matter what. I have never dropped this controller by the way, this is totally random.How can I fix this?

20221206_103645.jpg

9 hours ago, Zachary Senter said:

My Xbox One S Modded controller from megamodz has just suddenly began to act strangely. When I press a button (Y for example) the controller tells the devices im using that im pressing R1. Start button registers as 315? Select button registers as DOT? The mapping for this controller has just suddenly gone haywire basically and Its not usable. I have tried different software, different games and even try remapping controls in game through the games menus but its always wacky no matter what. I have never dropped this controller by the way, this is totally random.How can I fix this?

20221206_103645.jpg

Hi.

It seems like whatever device you're using causing this issue.

The best way to test the controller inputs is by doing it in the Accessories App

If the controller's inputs are still off in the app, please record a short clip where you press the controller's buttons and the inputs that get registered on the screen. That way may be able to troubleshoot it further. 

Cannot run that app on android devices. The controller has never done this with any other device. I have used it flawlessly with android and PC for nearly a year. Now its not registering the correct inputs on android devices. (More than one)

You have another app I can test with? I am certain that its not the device I am using, unless all of my devices decided to sync up and tell the controller to act stupid. (Highly doubtful) but am willing to test again.

10 hours ago, Zachary Senter said:

20221206_103645.jpg

3 hours ago, Mundus Gubernavi said:

It seems like whatever device you're using causing this issue.

1 hour ago, Zachary Senter said:

I am also curious as to how you come to the conclusion that my devices are causing the issue based on the info provided.

Does it sound like a conclusion to you? 

If you don't have a chance to test the controller either on a PC on a console via the Accessories App I have no other suggestions to troubleshoot it remotely. 

If you wish to send your controller to our facility for an inspection you can contact our support team ([email protected]).

They will explain the process. 

Yes actually it sort of does. You said "It seems like whatever device I am using is causing the issue". However that may be the case I just wanted to check in and see if anyone knew what was going on. I appreciate you taking the time out to respond and try to help out. I really like this controller and it has been my go-to for all games. I have others, but none as nice as my megamodz controller. I would love to get it working again. I have tried to clear all mod settings in the controller and that does nothing. I have swapped batteries, unpaired -forgot device -repaired to devices and its still the same. The buttons are all screwed up as far as the controller mapping goes and I cannot seem to figure out how to get it to stop doing it. It was fine 4 days ago. All of the harware works well and the controller is in great condition (looks almost new).

Just thought I would provide some more info in case I missed something before. Maybe it will help.

Thanks again!

Edited by Zachary Senter
Spelling

14 minutes ago, Zachary Senter said:

Yes actually it sort of does. You said "It seems like whatever device I am using is causing the issue"

To clear things up that was an assumption, not a conclusion. 

The most effective way to get your controller checked and possibly fixed is by sending it back. Right now it's unclear what device is malfunctioning. The reason why I suggested using the app is to illuminate one or another. If the controller works in the app then it's the other device. If the inputs are still off in the app then the problem is with the controller itself. 

But no worries. Send it back and we will take a look at it. 

3 minutes ago, Zachary Senter said:

Can the app be used on windows?

Yes you can.

Available on: PC, Xbox console, Mobile, Surface Hub, HoloLens

Architecture: x86, x64

2 hours ago, Zachary Senter said:

You have another app I can test with?

I have another app in mind you can also try. Will provide an update tomorrow. 

I am not familiar with those codes provided in the app.

You can send it to our facility if you wish. We have our own tools to hook up with the controller and read all the inputs. Or wait if someone on the forums has any other ideas to share.

I don't believe there is a programming solution that can fix your remote. I would guess that the hardware components may have worn off on the controller's motherboard considering the age of the remote.