PS5 Macro Remap Controller does not fit or charge on PS5 charger base

Hello, I just received my PS5 Macro Remap controller, and first thing I did was try to put it on my PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller Charging Station for charging.  Much to my chagrin, the macro remap buttons appear to get in the way so the controller won't connect and I can't charge.  Am I doing something incorrect?  I had checked before ordering and there was no statement anywhere that I could find indicating that I would no longer be able to use a standard OEM product to charge, so very much hoping this is user error on my part and not design oversight.  Thanks for your time.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/accessories/dualsense-wireless-controller/#charging-station

Edited by Tom Kakanowski
added link again

17 hours ago, Tom Kakanowski said:

Hello, I just received my PS5 Macro Remap controller, and first thing I did was try to put it on my PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller Charging Station for charging.  Much to my chagrin, the macro remap buttons appear to get in the way so the controller won't connect and I can't charge.  Am I doing something incorrect?  I had checked before ordering and there was no statement anywhere that I could find indicating that I would no longer be able to use a standard OEM product to charge, so very much hoping this is user error on my part and not design oversight.  Thanks for your time.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/accessories/dualsense-wireless-controller/#charging-station

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your recent purchase with us. 

The paddle attachment base is not detachable. I am afraid you won't be able to use your Charging Station with it. I would recommend considering some alternative charging supplies such as USB cords. 

On 10/19/2021 at 9:35 AM, Mundus Gubernavi said:

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your recent purchase with us. 

The paddle attachment base is not detachable. I am afraid you won't be able to use your Charging Station with it. I would recommend considering some alternative charging supplies such as USB cords. 

OK, so poor design it is.  Why wasn't this made clear on the product page?  The only workable answer now is to plug it into USB, and the whole point of the wireless charger is to both get away from that, and to save the USB socket from wear and tear.  I'm incredibly unimpressed.

9 minutes ago, Tom Kakanowski said:

OK, so poor design it is.  Why wasn't this made clear on the product page?  The only workable answer now is to plug it into USB, and the whole point of the wireless charger is to both get away from that, and to save the USB socket from wear and tear.  I'm incredibly unimpressed.

If this design flaw outweighs the Macro Remap functionality and the controller as whole then you are welcome to send it back for a refund. Usually, we charge 15% restocking fee as per our policy,  but, as a courtesy, we will issue a full refund once we receive it back. 

We want our customers to be completely satisficed with their purchase. In case you decide to send it back we hope you will able to find a controller that 100% fits your requirements. 

Thanks for this, but I expect if you guys are doing this then competitors are too, and I've waited close to a year just to get to this point.  I'm not happy but not returning it either.  Instead I'll be designing and 3D Printing a new case for the wireless charger that can accommodate both controllers, then cannibalize the stock wireless charger for the magnetic connectors and whatever miscellaneous goodies are contained within.  I am assuming that those connectors would still work on the Megamodz controller if they could connect, perhaps you could confirm?

13 hours ago, Tom Kakanowski said:

Thanks for this, but I expect if you guys are doing this then competitors are too, and I've waited close to a year just to get to this point.  I'm not happy but not returning it either.  Instead I'll be designing and 3D Printing a new case for the wireless charger that can accommodate both controllers, then cannibalize the stock wireless charger for the magnetic connectors and whatever miscellaneous goodies are contained within.  I am assuming that those connectors would still work on the Megamodz controller if they could connect, perhaps you could confirm?

Sounds like an interesting project.

Those connectors you're referring to are stock DualSense parts. It shouldn't be a problem on paper. 

Good luck with your project and please share your progress.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kese Johnson said:

This is funny 😂. Buys a controller with exterior mods and expects it to fit OEM parts. Jesus you kids are getting picky now-a-days.

I'm picky, and yes, I did expect it to fit OEM parts, or at least a callout to say that it wouldn't.  I'm sure I'd be happier with low expectations like you, but my career has demanded higher standards.  Not sure how you arrived at such a position of condescension, but my wife got quite a giggle out of calling me a kid.  Happy trolling.