My PS4 controller won't connect to the console

Hi,  I received my PS4 controller today, and it won't connect to the console. I read that Mega modz test every controller at the facility, can someone help with that?, I can't seem to find the answer, I see that the instructions mention that used power cords may cause problems, is that it?

26 minutes ago, Milton Ryan said:

Hi,  I received my PS4 controller today, and it won't connect to the console. I read that Mega modz test every controller at the facility, can someone help with that?, I can't seem to find the answer, I see that the instructions mention that used power cords may cause problems, is that it?

Hello,

From what you've described, it looks like there is an issue with your power supply. When a PS4 controller arrived to you, the battery was completely dead. You have to plug in a USB power cord and let it charge before connecting to the console. If the battery is low or the power supply is bad, you won't be able to connect at all. 

The first thing to do before anything else is to try a brand new USB power cord. Even if the power supply, you are using now, works fine for your regular controller, it doesn't necessarily mean it would charge a modded product as well as there is a certain level of power required for running a mod. Keep us posted!

50 minutes ago, Milton Ryan said:

Hello Milton,

Thank you for posting your question. 

Can you please describe what exactly happens? Does the controller Light Bar light up at all? Is it blinking? It could be an easy fix. 

I finally got it. I don’t believe it was a power issue. I tried 3 different chargers, PS charger, micro straight to the ps4, and to a wall outlet.

I was searching online and finally found a reddit forum and had to wipe previous connects to another ps4. Aka I think the controller wasn’t recognizing my console because it was trying to recognize the console maybe at your guys warehouse from where you tested it. I had to press and hold Ps button and share button and the same time. I got an orange three blink, and then it popped up on my devices in settings almost instantly. I’ve always owned PS consoles, and never seen or heard of anything like that. Needless to say. 

1 minute ago, Milton Ryan said:

I finally got it. I don’t believe it was a power issue. I tried 3 different chargers, PS charger, micro straight to the ps4, and to a wall outlet.

I was searching online and finally found a reddit forum and had to wipe previous connects to another ps4. Aka I think the controller wasn’t recognizing my console because it was trying to recognize the console maybe at your guys warehouse from where you tested it. I had to press and hold Ps button and share button and the same time. I got an orange three blink, and then it popped up on my devices in settings almost instantly. I’ve always owned PS consoles, and never seen or heard of anything like that. Needless to say. 

I am glad you found the solution, but honestly I never heard of that either ?

Yea, it was the weirdest thing. It charged on 3 different chargers for 2 hours a piece. So I knew there was no way it was a charging issue. One of them had to work. I searched forever. But yeah, holding share and ps button for 3-5 seconds reset the pairing function and it lit up and instantly connected to my ps4.

• 1 month later...