What controller do I need?

Eric Lucko

So I want a turbo controller.  I purchased a macro as I was told in the chat that it would do what I want, but I don't think it does.  There are 2 additional buttons on the back of the controller which is what I wanted.  But I want to program one of them when held down to press x faster than the speed of light.  Like the old turbo controllers did for Sega and Nintendo.  I want to program the other button to cause the left thumb stick to wiggle back and forth faster than the speed of light when held.  Did I buy the wrong thing?  Is this possible with any of your products?  I was told the macro could do this, and by reading the instructions, I don't think it can.

Hi, 

This is how you get the functionality you want with the PS4 Macro Remap controller:

1. Map the X button to one of the macro buttons on the back

2. Get into 2nd sub-mode (Turbo) and save it

3. Now every time you hold down the macro button, the controller will be mashing the X button for you

You can ether use the factory timings or program in own values (from 50 ms to 3 sec) You can do it for both timings - button being pressed for and the pause between the presses. 

Detailed steps - https://megamodz.com/instructions/ps4/macro-remap

Let me know how that's working for you 😃

It doesn't seem to be.  I know you hit L2 to lower the values.  So first up is the seconds value. I hit L2 until the lights stop changing.  I believe all 4 are yellow.
I click the mod button on the back, and this should take me to 100ths of seconds. yes?  I change this the same way until all 4 LEDs are yellow, click the mod button.  Then for the last group, this is the 10's of seconds.  I alter this the same way only the lights are different this time.   I click L2 until the top Left is green and the other 3 LEDs are red.  I assume this means the lowest number of tens of seconds possible.  By my understanding this means the button should be pressed 25 times a second?  This can't be right as I'm able to click x faster with my thumb.  Please help!

2 hours ago, Eric Lucko said:

It doesn't seem to be.  I know you hit L2 to lower the values.  So first up is the seconds value. I hit L2 until the lights stop changing.  I believe all 4 are yellow.
I click the mod button on the back, and this should take me to 100ths of seconds. yes?  I change this the same way until all 4 LEDs are yellow, click the mod button.  Then for the last group, this is the 10's of seconds.  I alter this the same way only the lights are different this time.   I click L2 until the top Left is green and the other 3 LEDs are red.  I assume this means the lowest number of tens of seconds possible.  By my understanding this means the button should be pressed 25 times a second?  This can't be right as I'm able to click x faster with my thumb.  Please help!

Hi, what value do you want to program in?

2 hours ago, Eric Lucko said:

I click L2 until the top Left is green and the other 3 LEDs are red.  I assume this means the lowest number of tens of seconds possible.

This is correct. It means you've set up the timing equivalent to 50ms. The lowest/fastest possible in this sub-mode (2ND). 
Please keep in mind that when it comes to turbo button presses there are 2 variables involved with the first one 
being the amount of time the button is held (ON Timing) and the second one being the amount of time between 
button presses (OFF Timing).

Both timings can be configured in a programming mode.

1 hour ago, James Brady said:

By my understanding this means the button should be pressed 25 times a second?

In order to make the X button to be turbo pressed the fastest way possible you would want to tune in both timings with the lowest setting (50ms).  In that case you would get 10 presses per second. 

1 hour ago, James Brady said:

This can't be right as I'm able to click x faster with my thumb

The number of times a user can press a stock button per second is 3 times, 4 at the very best. 
There is no way any one can match the fastest setting manually (50ms ON/50ms OFF).